Hello, and a happy new year to you! A new year also means a new month, and that means new crafty goals, which are:
- Birthday Gift No. 1 (Because February is the start of Birthday Season here in Brooketopia…) And this isn’t a birthday “gift” per se, because I’ve already technically given it as a birthday gift to Em for a previous birthday, but it wasn’t totally finished then…and it’s still not finished now. There’s something about your kid turning eighteen and leaving for college in the next year that gets you wanting to clear out any languishing gifts that you were totally supposed to have finished up by now.
- Birthday Gift No. 2: A legit new gift for Rachel. I think she’s going to be very pleased with it and I cannot wait to work on it! I won’t be able to show you anything about it until she opens it on her birthday because she’s an active fan of mine on Instagram and checks all my feeds. (Ha ha, Rachel! No sneak peeks here!)
- Finish the Mini Charm Chiffon quilt (I only completed the top for the reveal; it still needs quilting and binding.)
- Start the Far Far Away quilt (I am SO EXCITED for this!)
- Sew up Blocks 1-4 for the Brick House Scrap quilt (Scrappy Thursday #1)
- Clementine Quilt Month 3 blocks (Scrappy Thursday #2)
- Berry blocks (Scrappy Thursday #3)
- Iron & trim HST leaders & enders (Scrappy Thursday #4)
December’s #craftygoals: I only got one of the five December crafty goals completed, due to that stupid, stupid bout of illness I had for most of the month, and seeing how my December crafty projects were all tied to Christmassy things, they’re not being carried over into January. They’ll go into hibernation until I either need them for birthday gifts or want to give another go at making them into Christmas gifts. But still, at the end of the day, having only completed the Patchwork Forest quilt is still way better than not completing anything at all, obviously! Goals are awesome.
What goals are you setting for January? Anyone have any neat resolutions for 2022? Whatever they may be, I wish you the best of luck with them!